The iPhone is a Tablet small enough to hold up to your ear?
Contributed by Santo on 7 Dec 2010
Paul Graham’s notes/essays are always very insightful and give a unique perspective on how things are shaping up around us.
In his latest post on Tablets he has some interesting points to make
- Would we have looked at “mobile devices” differently if the iPad had preceded the iPhone?
- “Ephemeralization” will continue to inspire techies to create newer and newer use cases/applications for the Tablets
- The more versatile the tool, the less you can predict how people will use it i.e. affirmation that the iPad/iPhone are platforms and the way hackers(read app developers) end up using it will surely evolve over time and continue to surprise us e.g elimination of Reading Glasses.
- Access to controls and toolkits is a key. i.e. Apple can surely open up more here and help itself.
- There is a distinct possibility of an Apple monoculture in the offing and the only way to compete is to create a better platform.
Please do go read the whole article here
Visit us at Neevtech.com to know more about our offerings.
Tags: App Development, Apple, iPad, iPhone, Platform